Your Future Is Our Business
Small Business Law
As a small business owner, you may already be involved in a lawsuit or just considering getting help with a legal issue and have questions about working with a lawyer. At Robinson and Lauterbach, Attorneys At Law, PLLC, our team works with small business owners to purchase or lease of property, establish a legal structure, make sure you are compliant with labor and employment laws, and other matters vital to a well-functioning business.
When To Use A Business Lawyer
There are times when a business faces issues that are too complex, too time consuming, or fraught with liability issues. At that point, the wisest move is to retain a business lawyer.
A few examples include:
- Former, current, or prospective employees suing on the grounds of discrimination in hiring, firing, or hostile work environment
- Local, state, or federal government entities filing complaints or investigating your business for violation of any laws.
- You want to make a “special allocation” of profits and losses or you want to contribute appreciated property to your partnership or LLC agreement
- An environmental issue arises and your business is involved (even if your business didn’t cause the environmental problem, you may be penalized)
- Negotiating for the sale or your company or for the acquisition of another company or its assets
When Do I Need A Business Lawyer?
Among the countless worries for entrepreneurs who are starting or are already running a small business is the question of whether they need a business lawyer. The perception is that attorneys charge high rates and many small businesses don’t have much, if any, extra capital with which to pay lawyers. As a result, most small business owners only hire an attorney experienced with business matters when confronted with a serious legal problem. However, legal help is a cost of doing business that often saves you money and helps your business in the long run.
We Know Gaston County
Since our firm’s beginning, it has been our goal to provide the highest standard of legal representation to all of our clients. At Robinson and Lauterbach, Attorneys at Law, PLLC, in Gastonia, North Carolina, our attorneys bring extensive experience to the practice of law. We offer comprehensive legal services for clients involved with various matters, including real estate, wills and trusts, probate, and small business affairs.